Marisa Nava, Ph.D.
Please see the fee schedule under Helpful Forms.
Dr. Nava is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield. She will submit insurance for other insurance plans, but benefits will depend on out-of-network coverage. Psychotherapy may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan; however, it is important for you to first check with your insurance carrier regarding whether you have mental health coverage. Insurance does not cover co-parenting, collaborative practice, or mediation services.
Dr. Nava may be considered in-network or out-of-network depending on the insurance provider that you have. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network provider?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Cash, check and all major credit cards accepted for payment. Payment is due at the time of service.
- The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Exceptions include:
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in insuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.